Thursday, August 14, 2008

Kinzie's new room... :)

What a day! ... So GiGi came over to help me paint Mackinzie's walls yellow. She has been asking for this for a looooong time... GiGi was such a great help and I probably would have quit without her haha... but we stuck it out, and the yellow looks so great and... HAPPY!!! Here's GiGi smiling through the agony of painting haha...

After we finished painting, GiGi and I went to IKEA to get some decorating ideas and spend some more quality time together. Of course, as we always do, we ended up spoiling Kinzie rotten even though she wasn't even with us! GiGi and I did find it humorous that we both deal with annoyingness the same way.... laughter! First when we were trying to put these HUGE, HEAVY boxes onto out cart, it kept moving and we couldn't get it on!!! (did I mention it was heavy?!) Then we had to do our own self check out there which was ridiculous because the huge heavy box I mentioned before happened to have the scanner tag on the BOTTOM! sheesh! haha... THEN...When we loaded the new bed and new toy storage unit into the car it was POURING! And if you know me and my car its normally not so clean... so we were in the rain an extra long time trying to move the mess and put the seats down... yes, we were soaked.
Anyways, so we finally got home and decided to put these contraptions together... ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! It took us longer to put a toddler bed and a cube unit thing together than to paint the entire room!!! Sheesh! GiGi was such a trooper today! I couldn't have done any of this without her!!
Well we FINALLY finished her room... it took from 10am till 9pm!!! What a day! .... So heres her new improved yellow-walled room! :)

When you enter the door....

This is my favorite part.... Its her own little dress up corner! Ever since getting ready for disney world Kinzie has accumulated many dress up clothes. So this way she can try them all on, see what a pretty princess she is, and hang them back up all by herself! I love it!

You can see to the front of her dress up area is the new storage unit GiGi bought... it's awesome! And was perfect to seperate her dress up area and play area... here is the other side of the storage unit where she can play dolls and kitchen (both disney princess!)...






Now when I was pregnant, I knew I wanted to have a little surf girl room...My mom painted and made all of these wonderful decorations for it, and I never really was able to show them off... but here is Mackinzie's new bed and island decor... I like to call it her little surf island! :)...

So thats it... Whew! ...
I love it! Kinzie loves it! And even after I used the credit card, Daddy loves it too!! :) It's a win win situation!!! :)
Thanks GiGi! It's all so perfect! :)
Okay... I'm beat now... time for bed! ....
~Mrs. Rode


2 comments:

The van Brackel Family said...

You guys did an amazing job...I love it! It looks like you all have had a very amazing summer :-).

Love,
Heather (Kanaly)

Ashley Smith said...

I love her room!!!! So cute... gave me a few ideas for Hailey's room! =) Hope you guys are doing great, we need to get the kids together sometime!

Ashley