Sunday, August 24, 2008

6 Days: Jimmy Dreams

Sunday morning, preparing for church, and posting on the blog.
6 days from today!

Today's album is my third favorite all time Buffett album. "Barometer Soup" came out in August of 1995. I like all 12 songs on the album, but my personal favorites are "Barometer Soup", "Barefoot Children", "Jimmy Dreams", "Lafe Nom Ai", and "Mexico". The artwork contained within "Barometer Soup" is also very cool.
So if you're following along at home, this makes my top 3 all-time Buffett albums in this order:
1) A-1-A
2) Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
3) Barometer Soup


Today's shirt is from my very first Buffett concert last year. I got it on Tuesday, June 26th at the Camden, NJ show. The tour was called "Bama Breeze Tour". I bought another shirt two days later at my second Buffett show in Bristow, VA - the Nissan Pavilion, where we'll be seeing him in 6 days!
I like the orange color of the shirt and the chalk-like drawing in the front... waves, palm trees, ... you get the idea.


The back features my prerequisite for concert t-shirts: listing the tour stops. As you can see, Camden, NJ and Bristow, VA are listed chronologically.
Tomorrow will mark 5 days till the show. I will be using these days to countdown my 5 favorite Buffett shirts that I own. I've been saving the best for last. Be sure to come back and check it out!
-Bert

No comments: