Saturday, August 16, 2008

14 Days: Where's The Party? Bejing!

Two weeks from today we'll be cruising the lawn at Nissan Pavilion to see Jimmy Buffett!!
Today's album is "Somewhere Over China". It was released in January 1982, just as I was turning 2 years old. Its another album that features just 9 songs and I tend to favor some of the slower ones, like "I Heard I Was In Town", and "Steamer", although "It's Midnight and I'm Not Famous Yet" rocks! There are two China-related tracks on this album: "Somewhere Over China" (written by Jimmy Buffett) and the classic "On A Slow Boat To China" (written by Frank Loesser). ... kind of convenient that the "China" album comes up today, while Michael Phelps is going for his 8th gold medal tonight in Bejing.

Today's shirt is another one of my lesser favorites. Its from Margaritaville New Orleans, another Margaritaville location I've never been to, so that makes this one another internet purchase. I have, however, been to New Orlean a couple of times and believe me, I could write many blogs about the two nights I've spent in the Crescent City... but that's for another time.
I like the little margarita flag on the front, and I also kind of like the chaotic parrot/pirate scene on the back. What I'm not crazy about is the color of the shirt. The description said "brick" color when I ordered it, but to me it looks pink. Also the big picture on the back is fading into a pink-ish tint pretty quickly and this isn't a shirt I wear very often, so that doesn't seem right.
Oh well, its a cool shirt nonetheless and its part of the countdown, so there ya have it.

On another note, this morning I took my daughter Mackinzie on a little daddy-daughter date to the movies! Kinzie had never been to an actual movie theater before, so it was exciting for both of us! Can you guess by the picture what movie we saw?
"The Clone Wars" is the new Star Wars animated movie. It came out in theaters last night. Mackinzie has liked Star Wars since the first time she saw Yoda on television. She now knows many of the characters by name and she enjoys watching the movies with me.
The movie was pretty good. It seems like it was made for kids anyway. It was only an hour and a half long and along with the action scenes, there was a lot of little cutsie humor to keep the kids into it. It was supposed to take place between Episode II and Episode III, so I guess that makes this Episode 2.5. Anyway, Kinzie really liked it and we had a lot of fun together!

... by the way, I dug up that picture from Disney a couple years ago....
... Daddy and his little Star Wars geek.

Kinzie is taking a nap as I am posting this blog, but soon we'll be getting her up for an exciting evening of Ravens pre-season football. We're taking her to the game with us, so she'll be getting her first movie and first football game all in one day!! I'll be sure to post some pictures from that on tomorrow's blog post.

...... (geez! Star Wars.... Football.... this poor girl is in need of a baby brother, or daddy's gonna end up turning her into a tomboy rather than a princess)
-Bert

No comments: