Wednesday, August 20, 2008

10 Days: I Love The Now

Today's album is "Floridays". It was released in June 1986 and Jimmy Buffett originally wanted it to be titled "Floridaze". I rank this album as my third favorite Buffett album, but it took time to grow on me. Songs like "You'll Never Work In Dis Bidness Again", "If It All Falls Down", "I Love The Now", and "Creola" all seemed really cheesy at first, but now they're some of my favorites! Other favorites of mine from this album are "Nobody Speaks To The Captain No More", "No Plane On Sunday", and "Floridays". Jimmy re-recorded the song "Floridays" for a children's movie he executive produced (and co-starred in) a few years ago called "Hoot".
In keeping with the Florida vibe today, I've decided to wear a shirt from Margaritaville Orlando. Although I've been to that location twice in my life, I didn't actually purchase this shirt on either of those visits. This was one of my first online buys. Navy blue is my favorite color, so that helps rank this one as one of my favorite shirts.
The logo is centered on the front with a single palm tree on a spit of sand. If you look closely, you can see little white Christmas lights wrapped around the trunk of the tree.
The back of the shirt features two adirondack chairs on the beach left empty by two lovers out for a sunset swim. The lyrics to "Why Don't We Get Drunk...." insinuate where things might be going next. The little sign on the left is a popular Buffett t-shirt slogan "Trespassers Will Be (offered a) Shot".
Tomorrow we'll be down to single digits till the August 30th Nissan show. I can't wait!!
-Bert

No comments: