Friday, August 29, 2008

1 Day: Party At The End Of The Week

Its almost here! After 23 days of counting down, tomorrow is the big day!
Today's album is Jimmy's latest studio album. "Take The Weather With You" was released on October 10, 2006. I remember driving to Best Buy on my lunch break that day to go buy it. The artwork within the album is great; lots of very colorful photographs. There are a lot of great songs on this album, but it's almost more of a 'cover' album than Jimmy's own material. Only 4 out of the 14 songs can credit Jimmy as a co-writer. Those songs however are probably the 4 best ones on the album: "Party At The End Of The World", "Everybody's On The Phone", "Hula Girl At Heart", and "Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On". (the latter being written about New Orleans in the wake of Hurricane Katrina). There are still several other great songs that weren't necessarily written by Jimmy: "Bama Breeze", "Nothin' But A Breeze", and "Duke's On Sunday".

I've saved my favorite Buffett shirt for last. This black shirt is from Margaritaville Key West. The overall pirate theme is really what makes it my favorite shirt.
On the back you see a bunch of pirate-parrots sitting at a bar. One parrot has fallen off his bar stool and the words "Beware Parrot Droppings" is written below. Some clever humor for ya!
So I've worn all 19-ish of my Buffett shirts on this countdown. I haven't yet decided which shirt to wear to the concert tomorrow. We'll be taking lots of pictures, I'm sure, so check back over the weekend to see all the fun we had.
Now that the countdown is concluding, we'll soon be moving onto other business at The Rode Family Blog... including a major announcement! Some readers might already know what's coming up, but if you're still in the dark, I'll leave you with a hint (or two...)
Laura will be our designated driver for the day... she won't be drinking any alcohol... and I recently bought her this book so she could have some fun drinks...
... is that hint enough for you?? Check back soon for more details!
I hope everyone enjoyed the countdown.
-Bert

No comments: