Tuesday, August 26, 2008

4 Days: Permanent Reminder

Today's album is "Beach House On The Moon". It was released in May of 1999. Its a mediocre group of songs in my opinion; not Jimmy's best work. I would probably pick "Oysters and Pearls", "Semi-True Story", and "Lucky Stars" as my favorite songs from this album. The song "Math Suks" is commonly considered Buffett's worst song ever by most parrotheads.


Today's shirt is my fourth favorite Buffett shirt and one of my more recent acquisitions. Its from Margaritaville Jamaica (... never been there) and I really like the forest green color. This is another pirate-themed shirt, which plays greatly into why I love it so much.
The front breast is simply a skull and swords distressed pirate flag with the words "Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville Jamaica".
The back is very cool! The distressed flag gets a little Jamaican makeover and the skull is now wearing a Landshark bandana. A lyric from "A Pirate Looks At Forty" hangs above the skull "Yes, I Am A Pirate, 200 Years Too Late". Just below the skull, a brief line from "Cheeseburger In Paradise" continues: "Warm Beer... And Bread, They Say Can Raise The Dead."
Its hard to believe we're just four days away from the show! I also can't believe that I only have three shirts left to wear! I'll probably take a few minutes to look back at the countdown soon to decide which shirt I want to wear to the concert. I will likely be buying a new one too, so I'll be sure to show it off in a future post.
I hope everyone has a great Tuesday! Laura is working today, Mackinzie is spending the day with Gigi, and I will be at a client performing an audit all day.
Check back tomorrow as Saturday's concert draws nearer and nearer!
-Bert

No comments: