Saturday, August 9, 2008

21 Days: Fins Up!


21 days till the Jimmy Buffett concert! Exactly 3 weeks from today!
Today's album review features "Living and Dying in 3/4 Time" I love the cover of this album with Jimmy sitting aboard a sinking boat named "Good Luck". Very clever. This album includes Jimmy's first huge hit, the very popular ballad "Come Monday". Along with it is a re-recorded version of "Livingston's Gone to Texas", as many loyal blog readers might recall was originally recorded on the "High Cumberland Jubilee" album back in Nashville.
My personal favorite cut off this album is "The Wino and I Know".

I bought this shirt last summer at my second Buffett concert at the Nissan Pavilion in Bristow, VA. That is the same venue I'll be visiting again, come 21 days. Last summer, Jimmy started a line of beers from Margaritaville called "Landshark Lager". I remember first hearing of it being available in Ocean City, MD late last summer so I had my brother buy a case for me when he was there for a weekend. Since that time, Landshark has become quite popular and its available in virtually any liquor store now.
You can see Bristow, VA listed on the back of the shirt on the left hand side, just next to Camden, NJ - where I had seen Jimmy in concert for the first time just two days prior. I bought a shirt at that show too, which will be featured on the blog at some point on this countdown.
So that's it for today. We're off to the Boordy Vineyards for a Saturday evening on the lawn with wine and music with our friends. We're meeting at our house before we head out and our guests are starting to arrive, so I guess I should go ahead and post this blog already!
See ya tomorrow!
-Bert

No comments: