Thursday, August 21, 2008

9 Days: This Is Living

Welcome to our 50th blog post at The Rode Family Blog!
We're finally down to single digits till Jimmy Buffett's show at Nissan Pavilion on August 30th!

Today's countdown album is "Hot Water", released in June of 1988. It marked the first time that Jimmy appeared on his own album cover without a moustache since his very first album "Down To Earth". This whole album has a very 80's sound to it, but that doesn't mean it isn't good. "Great Heart", "Smart Woman (In A Real Short Skirt)", "Prince Of Tides", and "Baby's Gone Shoppin'" are all some of my favorites, despite sounding somewhat hokey by today's music standards. "That's What Living Is To Me" is a great acoustic ballad and "Homemade Music" has opened the show on most of Jimmy's stops on this current tour "The Year Of Still Here".

For today's shirt, I had to crank the air conditioning in the house. It may be 80-plus degrees outside, but I'm sporting a hoodie this morning. It says "Seasonal Champions, Margaritaville Sharks, Leisure Athletics". It is seriously the most comfortable hoodie I've ever owned, and I'm not just saying that because of the Margaritaville bias. I think I'd wear this hoodie no matter what it said on the front because of how soft and comfortable it is. Because it is white, I try to take extra good care of it. Once I spilled a little bit of coffee on it... what a disaster! ... I'm kidding.
For good measure, I'm also sporting a Margaritaville cap this morning from Margaritaville Jamaica... another location I've never been to. Can we say "internet purchase"?

In other news, our family went down to Dan and Julie Pittas's house last night for a cookout with some friends from church. We had a lot of fun with everyone, but the highlight of the evening was this hilarious clip below....

Mackinzie was trying to throw the wiffle ball to Dan and Julie's son, Isaac, but he wasn't paying attention when the ball came flying at his head. Don't worry, it was a little accident. He was fine - no tears or anything, but we all couldn't help but laugh when we re-watching the video clip.
-Bert

No comments: