Wednesday, August 27, 2008

3 Days: Last Man Standing

Today's album, from 2002, is "Far Side Of The World". It was inspired greatly from Jimmy's (then) recent trip to Africa. You can see an elephant walking down a road outside of the window on the album cover. I'd say its a pretty solid album all around. It encompasses Jimmy's current sound and features a lot of good stuff. "Blue Guitar", "All The Ways I Want You", "Savannah Fare You Well", "Someday I Will", "Far Side Of The World", and "Tonight I Just Need My Guitar" are some of my favorites.

Today's shirt comes to us from Margaritaville Glendale. This is the third shirt on the countdown from the Glendale location, but the first of mine (the other two have been Laura's shirts). I'm a big fan of the sand color of the shirt. It may look plain white in the picture, but it is not. Its also tagless! Which is a big bonus! The front simply says "The Shipwreck Lounge, Margaritaville". The Shipwreck Lounge is a fictional bar mentioned in the song "Saxophones" from the "Living and Dying in 3/4 Time" album.
... and wouldn't you know it, on the back are the words "Livin' & Dyin' in 3/4 Time" at the bottom. You can probably guess the biggest reason why this is my third favorite Buffett shirt: The pirate skull, rum bottles and ship wheel. Its a very cool design.
Two days left! Two shirts to wear! Two albums to review! Check back tomorrow as the countdown draws closer to its end!
-Bert

No comments: