Tuesday, August 19, 2008

11 Days: Still So Much To Be Done

"I ate the last mango in Paris, took the last plane out of Saigon, took the first fast boat to China, and Jimmy, there's still so much to be done."
Today's album is one of my favorites. "Last Mango In Paris" was released in June of 1985. The title cut remains one of my favorite Buffett songs of all time. There are 10 songs on this album and I can safely say I like all 10 of them. This album likely ranks in my top 5 Buffett albums. "Beyond The End" is a ballad that sounds different than anything Buffett has ever recorded. Some other great ones are "If The Phone Doesn't Ring, It's Me", Please Bypass This Heart", "Perfect Partner", and "Frank And Lola". Also featured on this album is one of Mackinzie's favorite songs, "Jolly Mon Sing".

Back on countdown day 22, I wore a shirt I bought on a day trip to Key West in August of last year. On that same trip, we stopped off at Captain Tony's Saloon where I read upon the dingy wall of the head the words the old man said. (quoted at the opening of this post). If you haven't heard the song "Last Mango In Paris", take a listen and you'll get the reference in the picture below from that trip.
Also on that trip, I bought a little shirt for Mackinzie. Her favorite color is yellow, so this was a pretty easy choice. The shirt simply says "Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville Key West".
It features crazy parrots in a conga line dancing and playing guitars. Its very colorful and the cartoon-ish parrots make it a fun shirt for a fun little girl.
Its one of Kinzie's favorite shirts... or at least one of daddy's favorite shirts to dress her in.
Mackinzie gets to spend the day with Gigi today while mommy and daddy both work all day.
-Bert

No comments: