Friday, August 15, 2008

15 Days: The Camera Is Here....

".... I wish I weren't forgetful" Okay, I'm a bone-head. I'm in the office this morning (rather than usually working from home) and I wore by Buffett shirt and I brought my camera with me to work to take the necessary photograph, but in my haste to get to work, I forgot to bring the cable to transfer the pictures from the camera to the computer. So until I get home from work today, everyone is going to have to settle for this make-shift blog.

Today's album is "Coconut Telegraph". In the islands, the coconut telegraph works in the same way as if you "heard it through the grapevine". If you did something stupid, or something to embarass yourself, everyone is bound to hear about it on the coconut telegraph. Its also the name of Jimmy Buffett's seasonal parrothead newsletter... of which I subscribe. (of course!)
This is a pretty good album. I like the title track, along with the songs "Incommunicado", "It's My Job", "The Weather Is Here, Wish You Were Beautiful", and "Island". This is Jimmy's first album that he released in my lifetime. I was born in January of 1980 and this album came out in February 1981.
I have personal ties to the song "Little Miss Magic". At our wedding last month, I had a special dance with my daughter, Mackinzie to that song. Jimmy wrote it for his first daughter. In case you missed it, I'd like to post the lyrics because I think they sum our relationship very well:

Little Miss Magic - Jimmy Buffett
She's constantly amazing by the blades of the fan on the ceiling.
And the clever little glances she gives me can't help but be appealing.
She loves to ride into town with the top down,
Feel that warm breeze on her gentle skin.
She is my next of kin.


I see a little more of me everyday.
I catch a little more moustache turning grey.
Your mother is the only other woman for me.
Little Miss Magic, what you gonna be?


Sometimes I catch her dreaming and wonder where that little mind meanders.
Is she strollin' along the shore or cruisin' o'er the broad Savannah?
I know someday she'll learn to make up her own rhymes.

Someday shes gonna learn how to fly.
Oh, that I won't deny.


I catch a little more dialogue comin' my way.
I see those big brown eyes just start to lookin' astray.
Your mothers still the only other woman for me.
Little Miss Magic, what you gonna be?


... sweet, right?
Anyway, back to the shirt.... here's a picture of the one I'm wearing today, although mine isn't orange. Its the same design, but its more of a grey-ish green color shirt.

I have pictures of me wearing it in my posession. You will all just have to wait till I get home from the office today to see them.

**UPDATE**
I'm home from the office and I've uploaded today's pictures... in case there were any doubters.

I felt a little like a super hero here.... one large coffee before 7am will do that to you.
Now its officially the weekend. Cookout tonight. Ravens preseason home game tomorrow.
-Mr. Rode

No comments: