Monday, August 11, 2008

19 Days: Caroline Street

Monday morning. Back to the grind, and back to the countdown.

Today's album is "Havana Daydreamin'". The album cover is actually a painting, not a photograph, of Jimmy Buffett, circa 1976. He had a lot more hair back then than he does now. This album has a very chill vibe to it except for "Big Rig" and "Kick It In Second Wind", which really rock out. I used to take offense to the song "Something So Feminine About A Mandolin" - being a mandolin player myself, but I've learned to understand its true meaning. One of my favorite songs is the tongue-in-cheek "My Head Hurts, My Feet Stink And I Don't Love Jesus", about a rough morning after a night of hard partying.
Today's shirt was another internet purchase from Margaritaville Key West. Even though I've been there twice in my life, I sometimes find shirts online that want. This one refers to the classic song, "Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes". I really like the blue color of the shirt, but I've become less crazy about its style since I first bought it. The big designs on both the front and back seem to be a bit much.
Its all very Buffett-esque though. On the front, a sea plane floating just off shore, the fishing boat in the harbor at sunset, a palm tree, etc...

On the back, a sailboat, parrott, and anchor. The writing at the top says, "Through all of the islands and all of the highlands, if we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" - which is, of course, a line from "Changes In Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes".

On another note, we got our little girl home from Virginia last night! It was happy reunion around 8:30pm last night.
We stayed up when we got home to play with Cinderella's castle and the princesses and the Star Wars figures too!
... if you look closely in that picture, you can spot Darth Vader fighting one of the seven dwarves, and Boba Fett shooting out a pillar in the castle. You can probably get the idea of how much I love to play with Mackinzie!
So Mackinzie may or may not be starting school today. A paperwork issue came up yesterday that we're hoping can be worked out this morning so she can go today, but if it can't, than she may have to wait a few more days to start. I'll post more on that later.
-Bert

No comments: