Thursday, August 14, 2008

16 Days: Song For The Children


Today's album is "Volcano", released 29 years ago this month. It features several popular hits, including the title track, "Volcano", "Fins", and "Boat Drinks". "Fins" is especially popular at concerts and "Boat Drinks" is one of my all-time favorites. I rank this album as my third favorite Buffett album. I like the songs "Stranded On A Sandbar", "Treat Her Like A Lady", and "Lady I Can't Explain". It was recorded on the island of Montserrat and named because of the actual live volcano that resides on the island.



Today's shirt is another one from the original Margaritaville restaurant in Key West, although I purchased it online, not during one of my visits. This was also one of my first Buffett shirts. At first, I wasn't crazy about the pocket in the front, but it had managed to come in handy at times, so I don't hate on it anymore.
The small writing on the front pocket says "Servin' those frozen concoctions since 1985" (Margaritaville Key West first opened in 1985).
The back of the shirt is pretty much a repeat of the front, although now it adds "Afternoon Drinking Club"... which is fun.
The color is pretty unique and I think I can safely say this is the only shirt I've ever owned that is this type of "Margarita-Green" color. Out of all my Buffett shirts, I'd have to say that this one probably ranks near the bottom.
-Bert

No comments: