Sunday, August 10, 2008

20 Days: Strolling Down the Avenue

Its Sunday morning and 20 days and counting till the Buffett show on August 30th at Nissan Pavilion.
Today's album is "A-1-A", named after the Florida route that follows the Atlantic Ocean south ending at mile marker zero in Key West. This is my definitive favorite Jimmy Buffett album. I like all 11 tracks on this albums, but my favorites have to be "A Pirate Looks At Forty", "Tin Cup Chalice", "Migration", "Trying to Reason With Hurrican Season", and I could go on listing the other seven songs. It also has anothe great album cover. Jimmy is sitting on a rocking chair on the beach, under a palm tree with a bottle of beer by his side. It just makes the lyrics to "Tin Cup Chalice" ring true: "I want to be there. I want to go back down and lie beside the sea there....."
Today's shirt comes from Margaritaville: Charleston, South Carolina. I've never been to this location, let alone to Charleston, but I ordered the shirt online because I liked the combination of the pirate with the parrot. The lime in the skull's mouth is just an added bonus!

On another note, Laura and I went to Boordy Vineyards last night with a few friends for one of the Saturday Summer Nights with music and wine. The featured band was "The English Channel" and they played all classic rock songs from the 1960's British Invasion. Lots of Beatles and Rolling Stones and more.
We all had a lot of fun! (Me, Mike, Laura, Courtney & Erin - Katie was the photographer, not pictured)
Mackinzie is coming home from a weekend in Virginia this evening. Laura and I are very excited to have her back with us! She is starting her first day of school at Celebree Learning Center tomorrow! Keep her and us in your prayers tomorrow so that she has a great day! (and so Laura and I don't worry too much about her... although we're sure she'll do fine!)
Check back tomorrow for more Buffett countdown and more of our goings on!
-Bert

No comments: