Monday, August 18, 2008

12 Days: The Dancing Life

Today's album is "Riddles In The Sand". It was released in September of 1984 was originally going to be titled "Gulf And Western Music". It's one of Jimmy's less popular albums and it lacks any big hits, but I've still got a few favorites... hidden gems, if you will. "When The Wildlife Betrays Me", "She's Going Out Of My Mind", and "Bigger Than The Both Of Us" are all great songs of heartbreak. "Who's The Blonde Stranger?" is somewhat popular, along with "Ragtop Day", and "La Vie Dansante" segues into Jimmy's next album well... come back tomorrow to see what that is...

Today's shirt is also a somewhat recent purchase because it comes from Jimmy's current summer tour, "The Year Of Still Here". I bought this shirt at the Philadelphia show back on June 14th. I like the baby blue color and the artwork on the front, featuring a couple of parrots, a waterfall, and a buddhist statue.
My main rule for concert t-shirt purchasing is that the shirt has to list the names of the stops along the way in the back and this one does just that. What's cool about it is it lists "Philadelphia" on the third line and "Bristow" on the second-to-last line. We're currently somewhere around the middle counting down the 12 days till Bristow.
Today marks the beginning of what will become our Monday routines for a while. Laura went off to her first day back at school this morning. She'll be having teacher meetings and classroom preparation all week before the kids come back. I'll be taking Mackinzie to her school soon after she wakes up, and I'll be working. Come three weeks, I'll be adding some school of my own on Monday evenings at Towson University.
-Bert

No comments: