Tuesday, August 12, 2008

18 Days: Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes


In January of 1977, Jimmy Buffett released the album "Changes In Latitudes, Changes In Attitudes" and the world would never be the same again. It was on this album that a little song became a phenomenon.
"Margaritaville" is the six cut on this album. It transformed Buffett's career tremndously and you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone in the world who hasn't heard the song. Aside from that, I personally hold this album as my second favorite after "A-1-A". I still hold the song "Changes in Latitudes...." as my all-time favorite Buffett song, and some of my other favorites are included on this album: "Tampico Trauma", "Miss You So Badly", and "Banana Republics". It also features a re-recorded version of "In The Shelter", which was first released on the "High Cumberland Jubilee" album.

Today's shirt comes from one of the newer Margaritaville locations, the Cayman Islands. I've always held onto the Cayman Islands as my favorite caribbean location. I've been there a few times on brief cruise ship stops, and my family also spent a whole week there when I was younger. I've always loved it's beauty and the many SCUBA diving opportunities there. I haven't been back in many years, but I hope to make it back sometime soon.... especially now that there is a Margaritaville there!
I ordered this shirt online from the Margaritaville Cayman Islands store because I really wanted a Cayman shirt when they started making them. I like the rust/orange color of this one. On the breast of the front, there is a small blue parrott, with a pirate's hat on, peaking out from behind a tiki hut on the beach. Apparently the tiki hut also doubles as flip flop repair shop for all those blown out flip flops.
On the back, that same pirate-parrott is holding a large Cayman Islands flag, looking at his empty margarita glass, and demanding to know "where da hell's the bar?!?"

In other news.... Mackinzie has her first day of school yesterday at the Celebree Learning Center! Laura was able to work out the paperwork issues so Kinzie was able to start right away.
I was great to come home from work to have Kinzie tell me all about her day. She really liked it and she's looking forward to going back to Friday. We're starting her off with just two days a week. She liked her teachers and even made some new friends already.
-Bert

No comments: