Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I Don't Know Where I'm-a Gonna Go

I am blogging right now from my parents reclined leather couch at their Leesburg, Florida home. We flew from BWI airport to Orlando this afternoon.
Mackinzie did so good on her first airplane flight! Part of that had to do with the fact that we had a laptop to watch "Peter Pan" on dvd to pass the time, along with plenty of lollipops and M&M's. The cabin pressure got to her ears a little bit on our descent, but it wasn't more than she could handle. She's a tough girl!
As I mentioned in yesterday's blog, our first stop was my own personal 'magic kingdom', Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville restaurant!
We all had a great time and didn't even have to wait to get a table! We had cheeseburgers (in paradise) for dinner with my Aunt Pat and Uncle Art, along with my cousin, Artie.
After eating, we did a little souvenir shopping. Laura and I are coming home with more Buffett t-shirts and a couple of drinking glasses.
Of course, we had to get our picture in front of Jimmy's retired sea plane, the "Hemisphere Dancer" which sits just outside the restaurant.
By the time we got our picture taken on the fake surfboard and wave, we were ready to come home to rest for our big day tomorrow.
So tomorrow is the big day! We're getting up early for a long day at Disney World! Breakfast with the princesses at EPCOT, followed by lunch with Cinderella at the Magic Kingdom.
I'm sure there will be lots of pictures to share, so check back at the blog again soon!
-Bert

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

... meanwhile my dad and brothers suffered through a 13-3 Orioles loss at Yankee Stadium today.