Friday, July 4, 2008

One Day: Independence Day

Today, July 4th, we celebrate our country's independence. In another sense, we could be celebrating Laura's and my own personal independence. One last day of freedom before we tie the knot tomorrow. We have big plans of moving tables, getting pedicures, cooking out, relaxing, and hopefully getting to bed early.

Last night we held a very casual rehearsal followed by the rehearsal dinner at Long Beach restaurant in Bowley's Quarters. The restaurant put our name in their sign out front!

So I'm off now to pick up a bunch of tables that our church is loaning us for tomorrow. My brother Will (the best man) is helping me so we can hopefully knock it out in one trip with two trucks.

Laura and I are so excited to celebrate tomorrow with everyone! Please continue to pray for good weather. I am confident that we will have a very nice day and any rain showers that we do get will be brief.
-Bert

1 comment:

Mandy Sroka said...

Pedicures? For you, Bert? Is that b/c you are wearing flip flops? See you today!