Friday, June 26, 2009

Day 2 - Walking aroun' Touring the Town

The best feeling about this vacation is that technically this is just a short stop on the way to our vacation!! :) And let me be the first to say (although many have said it before so I don't really know what that means!?) this place is BEAUTIFUL! We stared off our day at 9:30am on a carraige ride to tour the downtown area. Here is Kinzie in front of our enormous horse "Sampson"... but Kinzie will fight you that his name is "SamSam" haha...
After a lovely hour tour of beautiful 7 million dollar houses with fake doors, crazy gates, and amazing stories.... we headed to the aquarium....
and when I say "headed" to the aquarium, I mean we walked 198 blocks to get there.... and when I say "198 Blocks", I mean a really long walk in crazy sticky humidity... so it was actually about 10 blocks.... ;)
Anyways... so this aquarium is nowhere near as awesome as Baltimores, but it was still a lovely time spent with our beautiful girls in a nicely air conditioned atmosphere... oh yea, with some sea animals too ;).... The first thing we did at the aquarium was play in the kids area.... heres Bert and Kinzie in a shark cage ( ahhhh shark!!!)....

(yes... that was Kinzie's scared face hahaha)....
This next picture is Kinzie showing us how the fishies swim....


They didn't have any dolphins, but they did have a HUGE tank with lots of HUGE fish and sharks... pretty cool...

Now if you know Kinzie, you know she loves puzzles... so this was my nerdy little girls favorite part of the whole aquarium.... and it wasn't even actually a puzzle it was just some velcro pieces where you were supposed to make it look like a next where the penguins could lay its eggs... but to my smarty pants, it was a very challenging puzzle...probably because it was only 4 peices that didn't fit each other haha...
After the aquarium we did the 198 block walk back to the hotel to feed the baby... and ... well... you see what happened...

Oh and I almost forgot a VERY IMPORTANT part of our day... on the 198 block walk to the aquarium pretty little Mackinzie gave daddy "the look" and asked for a beautiful proncess fan... and of course he gave in :).... and it was worth EVERY PENNY!!!! she has not let this fan out of her hands all day!!! She just thinks she is the most beautiful princess with this priceless fan :) Its actually pretty cute! She has to show everyone along the walk ( did I mention is was about 198 blocks?!) , and everywhere we go! So here is one of MANY photos with the fan....
After our nap we were getting ready to go shopping and out to dinner... I guess I was doing everything in my power to delay another walk haha... so here are some silly pics we took... Here is me and my little mini-me:

And as everyone knows, Maeby decided to leave my genes behind and soak up all of daddys (is that wierd to say!? haha.... ) anyways... so heres daddy and his little look alike:
ps. HOW CUTE IS THAT PIC!!!!??? :)

okay, okay, so I had stalled as much as possible because Bert was getting that Margaritaville itch again :) .... So we started our walk... here some nice ladies took our picture so we actually have our first vacation family photo :)
Then we continued our stroll to (Drum roll please!) Jimmy Buffetts store :) Heres a cool shot of daddy and his parakeets in front of a painting of buffett ( notice the lovely fan... again...):


Here's another way cute picture of our little model - I think this one is getting framed for daddys office :
Then, fan in one hand, buffett bag in another we head off to dinner


to none other than.... BUBBA GUMPS!!!.... now all was low-key until the waitress asked us how long it had been since we had seen Forrest Gump. Bert of course answered "I've seen it at least 100 times"... (okay friends, look at that question again... now look at Berts answer.... silly silly haha... ) So of course the waitress says "Oh you must be an expert!" (ooo -la-la) and then begins to quiz Bert (challenge accepted and conquered!) haha... so after the waitress leaves, the rest of our dinner is filled with funfilled facts and quotes by Bert to continue proving to me (like I didn't already know) how deeply intellectual he is (ie: "I knew Mackinzie's kids meal boat would say Jenny on it because if it was a real bubba gump boat of course it would have to say Jenny")... and this is the picture that came with that... and at this point you can see how hyped up on his awesome-ness he is because he actually went into adding detail to this lovely photo-op (Can you find the hidden shrimp tail!?)

So... well... Mama always said Stupid is as stupid does... ;) haha...
Here is how entertained Maeby was during daddy's show...
So after dinner we came back to the hotel to get ready for bed... and if I could add loud, vibrant sound effects of angels singing I would ... because ... Ohhhh (insert angelic noises).... daddy fed the baby!!! :) ... he did however try to weazel his way out of it... and then when caught, tried to distract me by focusing on the fact that I called him a weazel haha... but he did it and thats all that matters... so of course I had to take a picture of this MOMENTOUS occasion!...

Alright, so my crazy long blog comes to its end right here... tomorrow should be a much shorter blog as it will just be another day on the road.... FLORIDA HERE WE COME!!!!!
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter... we tend to "tweet" alot while board in the car :)...
Yayy for fun days, well behaved girls, and for now, comfy beds! :)












1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for a most entertaining blog. It is as if we are right there with you, except for the humidity and long car ride. You made me laugh out loud at lest three times and 'awwwww' to many times to count. Safe travels!
mimi