Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Quickie Post

My grandmother has been bugging me for a new blog post lately. I've been crazy busy, but I'm gonna try to squeeze this one in real quick before I leave to teach guitar lessons this evening.

This one's for you Nannie... enjoy!

We had our second Fifth-disease-related sonogram (third sonogram overall) last Friday, on Halloween. It was a very short visit and we were thrilled to get good news that the baby looked totally fine. We still have 3 more sonogram appointments to go before we're completely in the clear, but we are very optimistic! Please continue to keep us in your prayers.
Baby Rode has grown three centimeters since our last sonogram (two weeks prior) and he/she is up to just over 9 cm. Our next sonogram appointment is set for a week from this Friday (Nov. 14). We're hoping that if the baby is positioned just right, we'll be able to determine the sex that day!
In other news, Mackinzie had her very first school pictures taken a few weeks ago. Unfortunately picture came smack-dab in the middle of the whole Fifth-fiasco! She looks adorable in these shots, but we probably won't be purchasing any of them, due to the slap-face, rosey cheeks... the most common symptom of Fifth disease in small children.
These photos are technically the property of Lifetouch Portraits... so no printing them out or anything!
I shrunk these photos down, so the pink cheeks aren't all-that noticable, but it is pretty bad in the larger prints.
Laura and I were so happy that Kinzie's teachers were able to get her to smile so well for these pictures....

... she's not quite as smiley in her class photo...

I haven't given a Camo Pirates fantasy football update lately, but that's mostly because we haven't won a game in three weeks! Hopefully that trend will change this week when I go up against Justin Smith's Fleetwood Macks team.

Now I gotta run...
-Bert

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwww...I think she looks precious! Maybe we can get her to smile that great this weekend. Great news about baby Rode, too!