Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A School Day In The Life

Today I thought I'd document a typical school day for Mackinzie.
Kinzie attends "A Family Affair" day care on Tuesdays and Fridays. I usually try to wake her up by 8:30am to give her enough time to eat, watch a little TV, and prepare for the school day. I try to have a cup of chocolate milk, some Teddy Graham crackers and a Flintstone vitamin ready before I wake her up.
Then I go to her bedroom to wake up the sleepy-head. This YouTube clip captured the moment.

After a short visit to the potty, it's time to get dressed. Today I picked out her "Pirate Princess" shirt to wear to school.
After getting dressed, Kinzie has her breakfast in mommy & daddy's bedroom and watches a little bit of "Yo Gabba Gabba" on the dvr.
I prepare a little soft bed on the floor for her, made up of a throw pillow and blanket.
Its a pretty good morning routine that works really well for both of us.
Here you can see D.J. Lance Rock for yourself on the television. I'll usually sit and watch 10 minutes or so with Kinzie.
Now it's time to go to school! .....Hop in daddy's truck.....
... and listen to Disney princess music! Check out the YouTube clip...


Mackinzie has been attending A Family Affair for a couple of months now. She really enjoys it!
When we first get to school, we stop by the kitchen to put her lunch box in the fridge.
Then its off to play and learn! (I didn't take any pictures inside the classroom today)

After school today, Mackinzie and I get to go to the airport to pick up my parents (Mimi & Grandpop) who have been in Florida. We're looking forward to a great Thanksgiving weekend!
-Bert

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet day with Daddy! She looks like Laura in the mornings...haha. See you all tomorrow!