Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Baby's Hungry and the Money's All Gone

Mackinzie and I went out to dinner yesterday evening at El Salto Mexican restaurant after I picked her up from school. Although she didn't really indulge in the Mexican cuisine (she ordered chicken tenders and fries), she did like the chips and salsa.
... and the limes!
Also yesterday, I started experiencing some of the symptoms of Fifth disease; most specifically the rash-y arms and legs. The rashes have actually gotten worse today. They don't itch, but it does feel like a really bad sun burn.
I tried to take some pictures of it, but they don't really do it justice. It really sucks, but I guess since my wife and daughter came down with Fifth, it was only a matter of time before I got it myself.
Today, while I was working in my new basement office, I got a surprise visit from a neighborhood squirrel. He didn't mind coming right up to the sliding glass door to see what was going on.
He was really curious.
... and then he proceeded to climb all around the screen door. He hung around for quite a while, so now I'm wondering if I leave the blinds up everyday, will he be coming back for repeat visits?

In other news, the Camo Pirates suffered their second loss of the season to Chris Walbert's Squeakers team. I scored 111 points, but The Squeakers scored an astounding 141 points! Congrats to them, but now I'm preparing for a duel with my brother's team, Will Power next week.
-Bert

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

mister! you never told me about the squirrel!! hahaha... thats hallarious!

Anonymous said...

That is one CRAZY squirrel!

Anonymous said...

OK... it's been two weeks today, so it really is time to update this page!

Anonymous said...

i think that squirrel must be a decendent of one of the many hamilton squirrels set free in cub hill by jerry pfeifer.