Thursday, November 6, 2008

Paper Dolls

It's no secret that our family is a little bit on the nerdy-side when it comes to Star Wars. (... at least Mackinzie and I are...) I recently got my hands on an old paper dolls book from "Star Wars: Episode I 'The Phantom Menace'" . It included little paper copies of all of Queen Amidala's outrageous outfits.Since Laura STILL has our camera with her at school, (*hint, hint*cough, cough* bring it home *cough*), so we used Mackinze's pink VTech Kidzoom camera to capture some of the fun.
First I punched out each of the pieces from the book. (since Kinzie was the photographer here, I had to use my sweet Microsoft Paint skillz to piece that picture together.)
And then Mackinzie would dress the paper doll. (... while she herself was dressed as "Belle")
There were seven different outfits in the set, including one that dressed the Queen as her alter-ego, Padme.
The jacket of the book even opened up to become a backdrop set to use with the dolls.
I can't remember the last time I've had this much fun playing with paper dolls.....
-Bert

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Perhaps my kid can play Star Wars with you sometime so Kinzie can go back to playing with girly things.