Monday, June 23, 2008

The Weekend

Its back to the Monday morning routine for us. I'm up at 8am working at my desk and Laura and Mackinzie are sleeping in. We had a fun weekend though. My brother and I took a trip to the dump on Saturday morning... which is always fun, followed by bachelor and bachelorette parties for Laura and me. Laura went out downtown with a bunch of her girlfriends, while me and the guys stayed in Parkville for a cookout and some cornhole. (bean-bag toss game) There was talk of making it "strip-cornhole"... with the first two losers wrestling it out for the right to put their clothes back on, but fortunately that game never came to fruition. We spent some time visiting Laura's family on Sunday afternoon before heading up to Mountainview Bible camp. This is camp week for our church and last night was the first night of camp. Mackinzie loved the big slide on the playground!
Before I sign off, I wanted to include a couple of pictures from the Jimmy Buffett concert from last Saturday.... I could write a whole blog about it, but it might take me all day and I'd get frustrated all over again!


That's it for now. We've got a busy week with some small wedding details for work out... including the purchase of several cases of Boordy wine. If you have a favorite kind, let us know so we can buy it!

-Bert

1 comment:

premgirl said...

I love the boordy chardony!
Love you guys!
Bells will be ringing soon,
Aunt Gail