Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Honeymoon Tickets

Yesterday, Laura, Mackinzie, and I visited Pauline at Accent on Travel to pick up the tickets for our honeymoon. Laura and I will be spending 4 nights in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. I had never even heard of Punta Cana until I called the travel agent for help with planning the honeymoon. We are leaving on Monday, July 7 and returning on Friday the 11th. The best part of all the honeymoon planning came a couple of weeks ago. We were all set to spend 4 nights at the SunScape Punta Cana resort, a 4-Apple resort (based on Apple Vacations rating system). Everything was set and paid for when Pauline called me to say that SunScape was shutting down from June 1st through December for refurbishments. (now, why a resort would still accept reservations when they know they will be closing their doors for a while is beyond me...) Anyway, the upside to this came with our free upgrade to Dreams Punta Cana resort, a 6-GOLDEN Apple resort! Needless to say, we are very excited about it!!

Last night, after playing the last two softball games of the church league season, we celebrated with champagne and a movie with my brother Will, and his fiancee, Brittany. Laura is holding our tickets in the picture.
- Bert

1 comment:

Chris Walbert said...

It's about time you started blogging again.