Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Final Night at GBMC

The hours are quickly passing until Laura and I will be forced to check out of our postpartum suite at Greater Baltimore Medical Center. We have the lights dimmed, the Orioles game on TV with the volume low.... .... I am wrapping up some last minute April 15th Tax work.... (ie: posting this blog)
... and Laura is getting some much needed rest.
Unfortunately, Delaney Mae won't be coming home with us tonight. She is doing so well, but the doctors need to make sure she is completely healthy before we can take her home. I have changed two diapers today (including a big fun poopy fiasco while Uncle Will stopped by for a visit) and during our latest visit, Laura was able to feed Maeby from a bottle - and boy, did she suck that thing down quickly! It was pretty impressive!
So our plan now is for me to pack up while Laura continues to rest. We'll go upstairs for one final visit with Maeby before we leave her for the night. Its probably going to be tough leaving the hospital without her... we're already anticipating that, but we're going to stay strong with the thoughts that this is all for the best and her time to come home will come soon enough.
I guess the hardest part is knowing that she won't just be a few floors away for the next few days. Over the past two nights, we have made several late night visits with her. On Monday night, I was up there with her till 4:30am and last night I held her in the rocker well past midnight. She was wide awake while I was talking to her and it was almost like she was communicating back to me with her eyes. It was so fun and I am looking forward to spending many nights like that with her at home in her nursery. I know we'll be spending a lot of time visiting her at GBMC over the next few days and I will be sure to keep everyone updated on her status and with new pictures.
Thank you all for your well wishes and prayers. She is improving with every visit we make!

1 comment:

Patience Leino said...

Delaney is beautiful! I'll be praying hard that she comes home with you soon.