Friday, November 6, 2009

I Heard I Was In Town

Laura and I made a "long-weekend" trip to Nashville, Tennessee a couple of weeks ago (sans kids) to visit some old friends from college. I attended Belmont University from the Fall of 1998 through the Spring of 2001 and continued to live in Nashville until early 2004. Over five years later, I still have a lot of good friends down there - mostly Phi Delta Theta fraternity brothers. As soon as we got off the airplane and got our rental car, we headed over to my friend, Garth's, house. He and his wife, Laura, would be our hosts for the weekend - for which we were very grateful! After briefly settling in, we hit the town to meet up with friends.
On Friday night, we had a great time at the Varsity Grille and the Red Door Saloon. It was quite a switch for us to be out till almost 4:30am!
After some Saturday afternoon recovery time, we hit up the Embassy Suites hotel bar (where Blair was staying), Pie In The Sky for dinner, followed by a visit to the Riverfront Tavern... capped off with a final stop to the "World Famous" Lonnie's Western Room in Printer's Alley. It was great to share with Laura some of my old stomping grounds from my college days.... and another post-4:00am night!
Here I am with Garth, who has been one of my closest friends in Nashville since we were both Freshman at Belmont back in 1998.
It was great to have Blair in town to hang out with us too! He is a big fan of Laura's. "You look just like Sara Evans!", he always says.
Sunday morning included a trip to Sam's Sports Bar & Grill to watch the Ravens lose to the Vikings (I used to watch every Ravens game at Sam's), a trip to Sonic!, and some relaxation at Garth & Laura's house after two straight long nights out.
I'd just like to, once again, thank Garth and Laura Click for opening their home to us while we were in town.... also, to Laura, thanks for taking some great pictures and sharing them with us!
Check out their blog too!
-Bert

No comments: