Monday, January 12, 2009

Festivus Maximus!

The Ravens came out victorious over the hated Tennessee Titans on Saturday. Now only the even more hated Pittsburgh Squealers stand in the way of the SuperBowl.Laura, Mackinzie, and I hosted 14 of our closest friends and family to watch the game. It was an "edge-of-your-seat, nail-biter" and there was much celebration when the clock hit 0:00.
It was great to get phone calls and text messages from our family and friends who made the trek to Nashville to go to the game. My dad sent picture messages of the Ravens fans swarming 2nd Avenue in downtown Nashville. My brother called after the game when only Ravens fans were left in the stands of an empty LP Field. What a wonderful feeling to repeat 2001!

I'd like to take a second to point something out here:
Back in October, when the Ravens first played the Titans here in Baltimore, my good friends (and Fraternity brothers) James and Ben, came to visit and go to that game with us. They noticed the Ravens schedule I had taped on my desk and remarked "You can already put an 'L' next to tomorrow's game". They were right that day. The Titans beat the Ravens 13-10.
I've kept that schedule going all season....
How does it look now guys?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like how you even used Mackinzie's chalkboard to make your basement more Raven-ified.

Unknown said...

i miss that triangle